Monday, May 23, 2016

Latest Obsessions

*Bobo Choses
I rarely find myself daydreaming about clothes anymore.
I've got bigger fish to fry and I'd rather spend
my money on fancy bottles of wine. But this. THIS.
I can't stop thinking about their Women's collection.
I want to own it all.  I NEED that Matisse shirt with the
striped pants to match. NEED, do you hear me?!
wow. this never happens....and don't even get
me started on the kids clothes. too stinkin' cute.

*The Great British Baking Show
There is something very soothing about
watching people make desserts, and this show
relies less on the drama that American cooking
shows like to create. One thing that is hilarious
is what they consider to be "Traditional American"
flavors. Those always end up being a shit show...which
is probably how our cuisine might look to others.

*Shore Time




















My family booked our little shore house in
Ocean City again and I cannot wait to be down there.
I love waking up early and walking to the bakery,
grabbing some coffee and just sitting out on the porch.
It feels so good to be by the ocean for a week, and the
Boardwalk food is a wonderful indulgence. The fudge is
going to love it, so many places to run!


*Mantra:
In general we must not wish for the disappearance 
of our troubles, but for grace to transform them.
-Simone Weil

*Rhubarb













I am pretty sure that this shows up on my Latest
Obsessions each spring- but every year it's just as
wonderful.  Of course the first thing that I made was
my signature cake- the rhubarb upside down. But this
week I wanted to try something new so I made rhubarb
snacking cake . I think my streusel game was pretty weak
but they actually turned out quite delicious. I highly
recommend trying both. Embrace the rhubarb.














*Making the Most of Monday
It's the day that fudge and I have together, and
lately I've been trying to do as much as we can.
In the last few weeks we've been down to Chinatown,
to Washington Sq. Park, the MoMA cafe, Central Park,
Central Park Zoo, and the Met.  He loves to be out
and about so I try tomake that happen- and I also try
to squeeze in things that I want to do.
Hopefully laying the groundwork for him
loving art museums as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment