Saturday, January 7, 2017

A New Year

It has been a long standing tradition on
this humble little blog for me to list my goals
at the start of each year.

2017 will be no different.
Here we go:

*Create Weekly Menus
Through this planning we should
be able to streamline the dinner process,
waste less food, and making cooking
enjoyable again.

*Blog
I do miss blogging, but sometimes at the end
of the workday, after bedtime and after dinner,
I really don't feel like sitting down in front of
another screen. My goal is to start with just once
a week. We'll go from there.

*Exercise
When it comes to weight I've never been a numbers
person. I can't even tell you exactly what I weigh right
now because I don't own a scale. I really just gauge how
I feel and how my clothes fit, and right now I could use
some exercise.  That has been the hardest thing to get
back into after having a baby. But my goal is to
get a yoga pass for the place in our neighborhood and
commit to at least 1 class a week.

*Get Involved
The currently political situation has me feeling
extremely uneasy.  So I thought the best thing I could
do was to get involved with 1 good cause this year.
I haven't worked out any logistics with this one yet,
but it's time to help those who need it.

*Clean Out
I want to get rid of stuff.
We probably drop off bags to Goodwill at least
every other month, but out house still feels cluttered.
It's a long process to weed out the unecessary.

*Buy More Thinx
Yeah, period talk. Sorry, Dad.
I love Thinx. They are magical
and not only save you money
(no more buying pads/tampons)
they are helping to reduce waste.
I wish these were around when I was
in high school. I feel like periods
would have felt a little more empowering
and less horrific.

*Make
I want to make more art.


That's my little list for this year.
All attainable, they just require effort.
Lucky for 2017 I feel pretty fierce this year,
and I'm ready to make changes.










No comments:

Post a Comment