Sunday, August 7, 2016

Daydreams: Sandy Pages

I've always been a fan of bookstores that you find in
shore towns. There used to be one on the Ocean City
Boardwalk that I would visit every year, when I first 
started going I think I was still into Goosebumps
and The Babysitters Club Mystery Editions but 
quickly graduated to Fear Street Novels because
they were scarier and had kissing. Double bonus.














I mentioned to my husband that one of my 
dreams was to have a mystery bookstore at the beach
so we started talking about what it would be like, 
which eventually led to the name. As usual he came
up with the winner, Sandy Pages.  
This led us beyond the bookstore, deciding
that I should become a mystery writer with the
pen name, Sandy (or Sandra)  Pages.  I would only 
write beach related mysteries and I would 
dedicate every book to my husband 
Blaine Pages RIP*.  The * will bring to you a 
disclaimer that though Blaine Pages is not deceased, 
he is dead to me.

We found a new bookstore down in Ocean City, 
that is exactly what I wanted Sandy Pages to be, 
super cheap books, all old paperbacks, mostly mysteries.
The bonus was that they actually had some Fear Street 
books. Which I have been trying to find for years, they are
weirdly hard to come by.  So I bought Party Summer
and indulged in some literary nostalgia. 



No comments:

Post a Comment