Friday, February 1, 2013

A Year in Books: January

I read 6 books in January:

Noble Rot: A Bordeaux Wine Revolution-William Echikson
The 13 Clocks-James Thurber

Mr Wilson's Cabinet of Wonder- Lawrence WeschlerSouth of the Border West of the Sun-Haruki Murakami
Icelander-Dustin Long
Champagne- Don & Pete Kladstrup


I thoroughly enjoyed them all, but I will probably have to
go back and read Icelander again. There is a lot to take in
and things that I'm pretty sure I missed the first time around.
13 Clocks and the Murakami book have their own kind of magic in
them- which is something that I prefer in fiction.
Champagne tells the amazing history of the region and the real
stories behind the famous names (Perignon, Hiedsieck, Pommery, etc.)
Which makes it extra sad that big corporations eventually take over.
le sigh. Still a great read.

What did you read this month???

No comments:

Post a Comment