Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Latest Obsessions

Black Bean Chocolate Chili Cookies
You'd never know that there were beans in these cookies.
(I used 100% unsweetened chocolate to avoid any soy and
extra sugar-by itself the chocolate is too bitter but is perfect in
the cookies!)
They are extremely addictive, and thankfully fairly healthy

Physical Graffitea
Amazing tea/herb shop in the East Village. The husband and I went in
today and left with 3 different teas.  Thai Rooibos, Chamomile, and
Scottish Toffee Pu-erh. They also specialize in medicinal blends
and herbs and they have kombucha on tap! (and they can host tea parties!!
who wants to get fancy?)

Gillardi Dogliani Cursalet
A dreamy dolcetto from the lesser known Dogliani appellation,
just south of Barolo. I got to taste the 2010 and 2011 back to back,
both were delicious but the '10 won me over with the lush fruit, dusty
tannins and smooth finish. Never have I been so fond of a Dolcetto.

The Strand
Let's be honest, when am I not obsessed with the Strand? Every time
I go in I am able to find exactly what I'm looking for and sometimes
things that I didn't know that I was looking for. I heart used book stores.

The Mind of Chef
It's like No Reservations but for serious food nerds/chefs. The show follows
David Chang to various locations and is narrated by Anthony Bourdain.
Warning: Will make you want to travel.

Soap Nuts
Another part of my personal crusade to detox our home products.
Giving these a shot as a new laundry soap.  I'll let you know how it
goes.

Menswear Dog
Too darn cute. (Thanks, Diddy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment