Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Latest Obsessions

Beasts of the Southern Wild
beautiful film, amazing soundtrack. see it.

Anthony Nappa's Anomaly
a white pinot noir from Long Island. beautiful coppery color,
cherry notes, super smooth finish and oddly enough
pairs extremely well with 90% dark chocolate.

Buvette
New favorite lunch spot. You know a place is special
when they can turn a smoked trout salad into one of the best
things you've ever had. bonus #1: awesome wine list.
bonus #2: right near the 1 train so I don't have to worry
about getting lost in the West Village

Rose Water
I am obsessed with the smell of roses. It's so feminine and delicate,
I'm always entranced.  The video is dreamy and the recipe seems
fairly easy. I'll be picking up some roses next time I see them
at the greenmarket

The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food
a very long, but worthwhile article in the Times Mag.
even if I still ate all of that crap, just knowing the plotting,
 planning, and gross science behind it would make me
change my junk food ways. That said, jalepeno chips and frozen
Amy's pizzas are my guilty pleasures.

Spicy Kale Chips
(to keep me away from jalepeno potato chips)
I added black pepper, cayenne pepper, and
turmeric to give it a kick.
The husband and I ate a batch of these in
about 3 minutes. delicious.

It's almost March.. which means that Spring is right
around the corner!





No comments:

Post a Comment