Sunday, December 21, 2014

Latest Obsessions

*Citrus
Clementines, satsumas, grapefruit, oranges etc.
I cannot get enough. Does my body just want the vitamin
C or the acidity? Who knows but I can't stop eating them.

*Hibernating
need.more.sleep.

*Learning About Icelandic Christmas lore/traditions
Iceland has become somewhat of an obsession for me and I think
for the husband but he doesn't obsess over things as much as I do.
But yes, we love Iceland- it's the one place we can both agree on moving
to ,haha.  I am a regular reader of the blog I Heart Reykjavik, (very
helpful if you are traveling there) and for the month of December
she is doing daily posts of traditions or characters.
My personal favorite has been the Yule Cat.

*My Doula
My favorite way to describe doulas has been "they are like
wedding planners for your birth", which is the cut and dry version
but they really do so much more. They are there to teach you about
the stages of labor and how to prepare for it, act as emotional
and spiritual guides, keep you at home as long as possible before
heading to the hospital, and act as your voice when you are busy laboring.
It's been really nice to surround myself with supportive women who
treat this like a natural process rather than a medical condition.
It has made the whole pregnancy less stressful and more wondrous.
I could write tons more about doulas but maybe I'll leave
that for a bigger post.

*Christmas Mail
I love getting Christmas cards, it's the one time of year when you can count
on constant mail surprises. Of course I love sending them too, making
our card is always an important part of the holiday season and it makes
it more special( to me at least) to send out a work of art.

*Vive le Vent
French version of Jingle Bells, translation here
The beginning of this song is the only thing
I retained from high school French.




No comments:

Post a Comment