Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Greenmarket Finds

I treated myself to a trip to the Union Square market
this morning.  It was magical as always, and there was
the bonus of seeing the holiday market being set up.
I look forward to getting lost in the maze of all the stalls,
and indulging in the hot chocolate from the truffle stand.
Just another reason to be excited for the Christmastime.

But back to the greenmarket. I stocked up on a few
things that I needed for the Boeuf Bourguignon Soup
and picked up a ton of other good stuff.  My digestive system
has been unhappy lately so I'm trying to appease it with
fresh produce.  I think it'll work.
















1 head of cauliflower
1 heirloom tomato
3 apples
a small box of seckle pears
3 sprigs of thyme
parsley
3 carrots
raw honey
concord grapes
crimini mushrooms
arugula
1 quart of whole milk(not pictured)
1 pint of heavy cream (not pictured)
1lb of beef short ribs (not pictured)
1 slice of reuben bread (eaten)

All of that was $50

No comments:

Post a Comment