Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Sketchbook Project

The only thing that I've committed to lately is my new husband.
Otherwise, I've been hesitant to really dive in to any projects-
especially art related.  But yesterday (on the very last day)
I signed up for The Sketchbook Project, which is just
what I need to get the creative part of my brain moving.

I wasn't totally artless during all the wedding planning,
I actually started collaging again- which is probably my
most favorite medium.  I could sit for hours just flipping through
old National Geographics, looking for images that call out to me.
I even have a different pile of images that I love so much that I
couldn't bear to ever glue them.

 I'm getting sidetracked.
Back to the Project at hand.  In a few days I will be receiving my
official Sketchbook Project notebook, and I have 'til mid-January
to fill it and mail it back.  After that the book will go on tours,
and then eventually live at the Brooklyn Art Library-where anyone
can check it out.  It's a pretty awesome project and I'm excited to be
a part of it.  My friend Carly is also participating, and now that I think about it
she may have been the one who told me about it! So thank you, Carly!

I'll be posting sketchbook updates on here, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment