Saturday, July 6, 2013

Greenmarket Finds

The Saturday Greenmarket is always a real treat
because it's only 2 blocks away from us. The selection
is more limited but no trains are involved, so I'm happy.
















*milk
*greek yogurt (underneath the chevre)
*chevre (best.goat cheese. ever. seriously.)
*dinosaur kale
*blueberries
*apricots!
*peaches!
*1 red onion
*mint (to make mint chocolate ice cream)
*Persian cucumbers
*1 head of lettuce
*3 ears of corn
*small cut of smoked ham(not pictured)
*dozen eggs(not pictured)
*chicken breasts (not pictured)


Going to the market that is 2 blocks away makes
breakfast even more enjoyable since I don't
have to wait a whole train ride to start making it.
Trips to the Union Sq location typically take about
1-1 1/2 hours. That is a long time when you are hungry.


Now that the smoked ham is available I can go
back to my favorite Saturday breakfast.
Ham & Eggs with Sourdough Toast




















-I added a little avocado because I cannot
get enough of it.  This is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment