Monday, June 3, 2013

A Year in Books: May

May was pretty pathetic in terms of finished books, 
there is only one for last month:
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?-Mindy Kaling

I did read a bunch of short stories by H.P Lovecraft, but
definitely did not read through the entire book.  Sometimes
his language can be a little too much for me.  But I really loved
the Dunwich Horror, very creepy, it felt like a mixture of
Rosemary's Baby, the Omen, and the Ninth Gate-for various reasons
not just story-wise.  

I loved Mindy's book as well, definitely had me laughing out
loud and looking like a total weirdo on the subway. The total
gem of her book is located on the back cover- it's a photo of
a young, androgynous Mindy holding a puppet.  It still cracks
me up every time I see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment