Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Latest Obsessions

*It's Rose' season!
My picks: Schafer-Frolich, Jurtschitsch,
Thomas Labaille, Shinn Estate, Haut Lavigne

*It finally feels like summer.
I love the heat.

* "Description is an inexact, and loving
art, and a reflexive one; when we describe the world
we come closer to saying what we are"-Mark Doty
I think this quote is beautiful.  Now I just need to
get my hands on a copy of "Still Life with Oysters
and Lemon"

*The Heirloom Book Co.
I cannot wait to visit this store down in Charleston!
Vintage cookbooks are my ultimate indulgence.
What better way to get a feel/taste for a culture than with
a cookbook?

*Campari-Grapefruit Sorbet
You need to make this for ultimate summer refreshment.
I only added about 1/4 c of sugar because I love the bitterness
of the campari and the tart quality of the grapefruit.  But sweeten
to your heart's desire.

*TheKitchn.com
love this site for recipes & inspiration

*The Gin Joint, Charleston
the drink list and brunch menu look amazing,
but it's the raccoon and fox image at the bottom
of the site that I am super obsessed with.

*This is sweet
Buying some random persons recipe cards
is totally something I can see myself doing.
With the vintage cookbooks that I buy, I always
look for the ones that have writing in them.  Knowing
that someone really used the book makes is more
special to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment