Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer List

We spent yesterday in the Park Slope area which, in case you
don't know, is pretty much on the far side of Brooklyn.
The husband and I aren't very familiar with the area,
so it kind of felt like we were on vacation!
















We meandered around 7th Avenue, went into a few
shops.  I picked up the latest edition of Lucky Peach,
and we got 2 People's Pops (coffee and strawberry)
we also met up with some friends in Prospect Park.


(It is a massive park, and I'm pretty sure we walked through
a fair amount of it).  We ended the day with a dinner
at Nightingale 9 with our friends Eric and Libby.
The food was amazing, and the neighborhoods were
so cute.  It got me thinking about summer adventures-
which got me thinking about making lists.
So here we go, these are some things that I would
LOVE to do this summer.


*Go kayaking. Maybe in the Hudson? Maybe in the Bronx?

*Watch a movie outdoors. Can't Hardly Wait is
playing July 10th. I'm looking at you ZachMack.

*Get out to Socrates Sculpture Park for some free
Saturday morning yoga

*Explore Red Hook. I know, almost 8 years in the
city and I still haven't been there.

*Make rose petal ice cream

*Get up to the Cloisters

*Try to get into another Standard Rooftop party,
if only for the view (and the crepes!)

*Have another brunch party

*Make it out to Rockaway to support some local
businesses and hang at the beach.

*Have a Spa Castle/Flushing day

*Hopefully get out to the North Fork or Montauk
at some point this summer.

*Go crabbing and then have a feast.

Seems like a lot. Are there enough free Sundays for all of this??
We'll see.
What's your list for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment