Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Meal Plan: Week 2

So the budget of $80 already kind of went out the window...
For this week we ended up needing more things from the grocery store
than from the greenmarket. (nuts, peanut butter, berries, bananas etc.)
But we also made adjustments to buy more of the things that we ran out of
last week (apples, spinach, other fruits)

But I think the whole process really went well.
We had delicious food to eat, every single day and no
additional money was spent on food.  Here is this week's list
I didn't do anything really breakfast-y because we
usually just have oatmeal. I have muesli (misspelled)
on the list but I never found good dried fruits (sans sulphur)
So that is kind of going by the wayside.

Spiced Halibut on Fennel/Grapefruit Slaw (we used tilefish)
Creamy Tomato Mushroom Pasta (we will be adding ground turkey)
Roasted Beets on Greens
Sesame Kale Salad
Lunch meat for sammy's
Veggies for juicing























I made the Westphalian Beef Stew on Sunday so that will be a nice
dish to carry us through the week, and last night the husband made
roasted tilefish with a grapefruit slaw.  It was ridiculously delicious.

















We had a very small amount of things leftover last week,
we've been trying to find ways to use them or
if it is an item that I can use for stock, I'll just
throw it in my freezer bag filled with scraps
(a fantastic tip that I got from my domestic goddess
friend, Rebecca)

I think this project is going well so far.
Now I really can't wait for the spring/summer
harvests to happen. I am dying for some tri-star strawberries,
heirloom tomatoes and fresh peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment