Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Year in Books: March

*The Battle for Wine and Love-or- How I Saved the World
from Parkerization- Alice Feiring

*Passenger to Frankfurt-Agatha Christie

*Death on the Nile- Agatha Christie

Assorted passages from : Entering the Stream-An Introduction to
the Buddha and his Teachings-Edited by Samuel Berchikz &
Sher Ab Chodzin Kohn

I know you're probably thinking that I read way too much Agatha Christie,
but I haven't read them all yet-so get used to seeing them on the list.
I'm just a sucker for a good Victorian era murder mystery. Even better when
they show up on Masterpiece Mystery!

The Alice Feiring book was a really good read, got me thinking about
how my wine is made. It also made me jealous of some of the things
that she was able to drink!

Finally, if you have any kind of stress in your life you should consider
something like Entering the Stream.  You don't have to follow it exactly
but take what you need from it.  The whole concept is actually fairly overwhelming
(at least to me) but I've been taking baby steps.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment