Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Latest Obsessions

*Liberty Chocolate
They have a lot of flavors but I love the dark kind.
It's made at a low temperature to preserve all the good stuff
and is made with honey instead of refined sugar, and is
also made without soy/dairy- the other flavors may have those,
but I always want just plain super dark chocolate.

*Housewife dresses
For whatever reason I love dressing like a
50's housewife. sans pearls.
1, 2, 3, 4

*Using my Paella pan
I WILL have a Paella Party this summer
and the pan WILL get used. ooh,
wine can be spanish themed too!
This will be fun....Maybe late June.

*Watching my herb garden continue to grow
It's happening more quickly than I could have imagined.
I'm kind of notorious for having a black thumb so I really
hope these can last me through the summer!

*Garage Wine Co. Cab Franc
Yes, I am obsessed with Cab Franc. It is basically
my ideal varietal with it's funky spicy nose,
wet earth, violet, peppery flavors, and (usually) not
so overwhelming tannins.  We just got this into the store
and I was totally taken by it's smokiness in addition to
all of my usual favorite notes. At $28 on the shelf it's not
an everyday drinker but definitely worth a try.
Their website and story are worth checking out.



2 comments:

  1. I have some bomba rice, that I bought when I got back from Spain (to make Paella) - you're welcome to it. Also Despana foods on Northern Blvd. is an incredible source for Spanish meats and cheeses (and rice, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be awesome! I've been meaning to visit Despana for so long, this will be motivation. Thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete