Sunday, April 14, 2013

Greenmarket Finds

Let's put the market list on hold for a minute and talk about this.

 



















My loving husband has stocked our fridge with my most favorite
beer ever.  I've been enjoying this since our trip down to New Orleans
in 2008.  It's a true sign that summer is around the corner.
I popped open the first bottle a few minutes ago and it's been
pure strawberry bliss ever since.  It really is the little things..

OK back to to the market
















*Milk
*Heavy Cream
*Carrots
*2 apples
*Shitake Mushrooms
*Portobello Mushrooms
*2 Onions
*1 Shallot
* Loaf of Sourdough Bread
*Large bag of Spinach
*1 beet
* Begonias (we're trying to get some flowers and plants into our house)
*Turkey Breast (not pictured)
*Perch filet (not pictured)


It's a pretty good start to the week, I don't have a serious meal plan
worked out yet so it will be a work in progress this week.
Speaking of the meal plan, here is the Bolognese that I made last week.
We substituted turkey for beef and added in some portobello mushrooms.
It was delicious!














No comments:

Post a Comment