Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meal Plan: week 3

We're all out of whack this week, food-wise. This past
Sunday was spent in South Jersey indulging in Easter treats
(read: ham/Mom Mom's chocolate chip cake)
so we couldn't do our regular market/cooking activities.
Now I'm playing catch up.
I ran to the market today and grabbed some essentials
*spinach
*eggs
*heavy cream (for making butter)
*portobello mushrooms
*crimini mushrooms
*apples
then grabbed a few things at whole foods.

Now I have a mushroom bourguignon simmering on
the stove top along with a huge pot of vegetable stock.
Tomorrow I'll be making this. (I'm a sucker for anything
with pineapple in it)

I haven't been keeping track of the budget because we've been
doing our shopping so randomly.  But we'll get back into the
routine this Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment