Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Meal Plan: week 4

It's 8:51am and I've already got a soup
going on the stove.  My bedtime has shifted a bit earlier
which means that I wake up a little earlier.
This time has been used for cooking-and it's
been extremely enjoyable. Especially now that
the spring sun actually shines some heat into the kitchen.

This week we're eating:
*Mushroom Poblano Tart
















*Lentil Soup
*Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos
*Fish with Mango Sauce (we used Haddock instead of Tilapia)
*Bolognese Sauce

both the tart and  the fish turned out great.  The mango sauce
was a little too thick, more like a chutney really, but still
super tasty. (note: I did puree my own mango because I couldn't find
a mango puree at the store-so that it probably where I went wrong)
 We ate that outside by the fire last night. It was perfect.

I was also thinking of trying out a bread recipe this week
possibly tomorrow...

also,
My herb garden has started to sprout!






No comments:

Post a Comment